VA Black Hills Health Care System
VA Black Hills Health Care System is committed to providing high-quality care while keeping Veterans and staff safe from COVID-19. Until further notice, there is a no visitor policy for the Fort Meade and Hot Springs Medical Centers. There will be no visitors allowed for hospitalized patients.
The following exceptions may apply:
- Patients in hospice care or receiving end-of-life treatment may be allowed an exception to the visitor policy. Individuals will be screened before visitation is approved.
- Life-threatening emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- For outpatient appointments you may bring one caregiver, over the age of 18, to accompany you if you require assistance. If a waiting room or patient area becomes too crowded for safe physical distancing, the support person may be asked to wait in their vehicle.
At this time, passengers in all vehicles entering campus will be screened for symptoms and exposure to the Coronavirsus. All patients employees are required to wear a face covering.
Free parking is available to patients. Patients and visitors should park on campuses as directed by the signs.
Handicapped parking is available at all buildings at both campuses.
Community Based Outpatient Clinic Parking
Parking is free at all locations.
For driving directions to our Fort Meade or Hot Springs campus please click here
- Fort Meade: Transportation services are provided by Courtesy Cab. To request cab service contact them at (605) 347-4253. The Senior Shuttle is available for transportation from the Senior Center to the Fort Meade Campus. For hours of operation and more information contact (605) 347-5877.
- Hot Springs: Transportation is provided by Rapid Taxi and Delivery Service. For senior services, taxi services, limo and shuttles contact them at (605) 348-8080.
For your convenience VA offers a secured website to Veterans. If you need to contact us use https://iris.va.gov
For your convenience and safety, there are special waiting areas throughout the facilities.
VA Black Hills Health Care System has Police Departments at both Medical Centers. The police officers provide 24-hour patrols of the facility, quarters, and parking lots. For general police assistance, dial 17177 (Fort Meade) and 22020 (Hot Springs). In case of emergency, dial 911. Report all suspicious or criminal activity, vehicle accidents, and personal property losses to the VA Police as soon as possible. Because the VA Medical Center is federal property, all persons and bags are subject to search. In addition, no weapons, alcohol, or illegal drugs are permitted.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in the Police Department at each facility. You may also contact them at extension 17177 (Fort Meade) and extension 22020 (Hot Springs).
At both VA Black Hills campuses, Sunday morning services are held in the Protestant and Catholic chapels. A Native American Sweat Lodge ceremony is held weekly. You must have medical clearance to participate. Please contact the Chaplain service at extension 17659 in Fort Meade or extension 22048 in Hot Springs for more information or to speak with a Chaplain. Because of COVID -19 precautions ceremonies and services are not being held at this time.