VA Black Hills Health Care System
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
The Release of Information staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information offices at VA Black Hills are located:
- Hot Springs VA Medical Center: Bldg. 12, Ground Floor, Room D002, Phone: 605-745-2041
- Fort Meade VA Medical Center: Bldg. 113, Room 103, Phone: 605-347-7187
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please use one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the medical center where you receive care or bring to your nearest ROI office at Fort Meade or Hot Springs.
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted. Forms may also be faxed to:
- VA Black Hills Medical Center 612-725-1329
ROI staff have 20 days to process and complete request, however the average processing time is 10-14 days. If a situation warrants, ROI staff will do their best to accommodate, however please plan accordingly.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.