VA Black Hills Health Care System
Contact the VA Black Hills Health Care System
VA Black Hills Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services.
You can contact the Black Hills Health Care System after hours by calling toll free:
- Fort Meade 1-800-743-1070
- Hot Springs 1-800-764-5370
If you have a compliment, complaint or need assistance with other issue which you believe requires resolution, please contact our patient advocates:
- Fort Meade: Mr. Ricky Pina, Phone (605) 720-7179
- Hot Springs: Ms. Deann Arneson, Room A015, Phone (605) 745-2060
Former Prisoners of War (FPOW) Advocate
Our Former Prisoners of War Advocate can provide special assistance to former POWs. Additional information is available on our FPOW page
Cathy T. King, MSW, ACSW, CSW-PIP
605-720-7040 ot toll free 1-800-743-1070 ext. 7904
Please contact our telephone care line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment.
- Fort Meade: Toll Free 1-800-743-1070, extension 97347
- Hot Springs: Toll Free 1-800-764-5370
Schedule An Appointment
To schedule or change an appointment, please contact us at:
- Fort Meade 1-800-743-1070 extension 97349
- Hot Springs 1-800-764-5370, extension 92808 or 92809
Contact the Patient Representative at (605) 745-2000 extension 2031.
Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS)
VA has established the IRIS system which provides answers to frequently asked questions. You may use this system to submit a comment, concern, or ask a question at https://iris.va.gov.
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) provides that any person has a right of access to Federal agency records, except to the extent that such records are protected from release by a FOIA exemption or a special law enforcement record exclusion. It is VA's policy to release information to the fullest extent under the law.
The Freedom of Information Act Officer at VHA Black Hills HCS is:
Daniel P. Gadomski 605-347-2511 x7623
Barbara Wilde (Alternate) 605-745-2000 x2253.
For questions regarding FOIA please contact Daniel at 605-347-2511 x7623 or Barbara Wilde at 605-745-2000 x2253. You may send requests to the email address below. There are no special forms required to submit a request, however Department of Veterans Affairs requires that your FOIA request:
- Reasonably describe the records so that it may be located with a reasonable amount of effort.
- If documents being requested are protected by another confidentiality statute (i.e. The Privacy Act of 1964), the request must contain an image of the requestor’s handwritten signature.
- State your willingness to pay applicable fees or provide a justification to support a fee waiver.
You can also e-mail your request or ask questions at this e-mail box: BlackHillsVAFOIA.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note: This is not to be used for Veterans requesting copies of their medical records. Medical record requests are required to go though release of information for that information)